- Have an alcoholic drink but try to drink plenty of water, too. It will help you stay sober longer and will greatly reduce the likelihood of a hangover!Two glasses of Baileys equals to around 250 calories), if you want to indulge, stick to low-calorie drinks like wine (87 calories per glass) or Champagne (89 calories per glass). Creamy, sweet liqueurs are packed with calories and fat.
- Ignore the high-fat nibbles at parties. We can easily consume 500 calories without feeling we have eaten anything – so they are just not worth it.
- Just say no sometimes when the chocolates and sweets are being handed around. Remember, it takes 20 seconds to eat a single chocolate but 20 minutes of exercise to burn it off!
- Try sending your guests away with a doggy bag if you have too much food left after your party. You really don’t want it hanging around in your fridge!
- Forgo the skin and chose white over dark meat.
- Compensate for those extra calories. Go ahead and indulge an enormous meal in the afternoon but balance that with a light evening meal and a light lunch the next day.
• 1 large beer
• 2 large glasses white wine
• 1 large Baileys
Total: 592 kcal and 7.6g fat
• 1 gin and slimline tonic
• 1 glass Champagne
• 1 dry white wine spritzer
• 1 brandy
Total: 284 kcal 0g fat