Anyway, it is mind numbingly boring having nothing to talk about when it comes to Trinidad Carnival, especially with SO much gossip floating around , gossip that comes with the caveat "don't say I say", so, just to spice things up a bit I WILL say this:
• There will be an “India” section in one band (not going to say which one) but I heard it will be absolutely gorgeous, and with this designer one can expect LOADS of accessories and jewelry for the costume. I cannot wait to see it!
• Word on the street is that is that an Island People designer who always leads the band is leaning towards turquoise and fuchsia , interesting combination…..
• I have been most distressed that “not a lot of feathers” are going to be used throughout TRIBE due to the theme, I mean after practically plucking all the feathers for the birds this year are we to go back to circa “What Lies Beneath” with abstract wire headpieces? Say it isn't so!!! And while I can clearly see that SOME sections will possibly try to do more ornate headpieces, throw us feather lovers a bone and at least offer an option for LOTS of feathers! I know SPICE is doing a similar theme and THEY are surely having feathers on their costumes.
• On that note, why is it that I am hearing a certain dynamic design duo have been asked to “keep their designs simple” to give a certain band a fighting chance? Hello, I am not paying for simple! And besides, if said band wants a fighting chance why not hire certain dynamic duo instead of the defector “band leader”? Surely with the accumulation of designers and "talent" in said band they can whip up some designs to compete, not so ? I am so getting a feeling that 2009 was the peak of costume creativity and gorgeousness and 2010 will be a repeat of the years when the costume was "complimentary"!
• And finally guess which band is SUPPOSEDLY only doing only 10 sections for 2010? Is it possible that they FINALLY heeded masquerader’s cries for a smaller band? Only time will tell!