CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Island People 2010 Review (1)

This was my first year playing with IP after 2 consecutive yrs in Tribe (and yes I have a TLC, but don’t ask lol).

Good: I absolutely LOVED my costume. Played in Bindi and found this costume to b superb..the best costume I’ve played in ever! It actually made me begrudge my past Tribe costumes..like really Tribe, y’all could’ve done better hehehe.

Security was on point as well. I’ve never played with IP b4, so I have nothing to compare them too, but I really saw the ‘Eject team’ walking through the band and looking for stormers. At one point, I saw one security guy scanning me for my band…and I was in FULL costume!! Once he spotted it, he moved on and proceeded to remove a female stormer from the band..so kudos.

Lunch at the oval…I appreciated the rest in d cool from all d jamming.

Bad: That piece of cloth they give we for Monday wear. It was a decent idea, but I got my cloth on Carnival Thurs. Unfortunately I have no seamstress fren who couldda sew anything for me last minute so I had to do my best with a wrap top and a skirt. I just find they could’ve warned us early so that we could make proper preparations…Imagine my surprise when I gone to collect my costume and this yellow piece of cloth was shown to me! At the very least, they should’ve offered assistance in tying this blasted cloth for Monday. I did see some ppl tho who completely worked this cloth..good for y’all! (Maybe they had a seamstress friend)

Ugly: No effin baileys or Smirnoff or gatarode or lucozade in their PREMIUM bar! WTF!!! Imagine my shock when I gone to ask for these drinks..I’m not much of a drinker, so I doh drink Johnny which seemed to be about all they had. And get this…WATER RAN OUT! Yes I said it, my only drink on both days and it ran out both on Monday and Tuesday (I think they restocked on Tues though).

The food...I guess being spoiled by Tribe where u actually have a choice of food, I found the food to be not very fulling and I would appreciate a choice man. I’m not a pelau fan but this was actually better than the Monday lunch which I just ate cuz I was friggin starved! (I mean lunch at 5 PM?? R y’all serious???!!?)

So anyways, so I back to TRIBE again next yr, cuz after this IP experience, I feel I could take d lil jostiling in TRIBE J

1 comment:

B said...

Well, what can I say!! As much as I agree with you for being angry about the water and coconut water running out but nothing can beat the Vibe of IP. I could definitely tell you that I watching some of Tribe pics and is just a pose off yes.

I like to wine and jump and wave and I eh see dat in Tribe so I go take meh licks in IP.

Nothing can beat a good Vibe on the road, that is what I out dey for, actually. Not to mention, Johnny on de rocks......LOL!!

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com