CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Trini Revellers 2010 Feedback

I am writing this on behalf of my mother, who was driven to tears in frustration because of the absolute horrendous level of nonsense that occurred with respect to her Carnival costume. I am trying very hard to keep this civil, although strong language will be used. I would appreciate not only a positive response, but some action to be taken, not only on behalf of my mother, my aunt and my cousin who were paying members of your band, but for anybody else who was part of this horrible crime.

Imagine, Carnival Monday comes and goes and a section leader, representing your band has yet to distribute costumes to masqueraders? This is what happened to my mother. In fact, I should start earlier. My family members went to collect their costumes since last week, and were told to return Saturday afternoon. They went back Saturday afternoon, still no costume, but were given a t-shirt and told the costumes were to be delivered on Sunday. An agreement was reached where the costumes would be collected in the band MONDAY, As in Monday, same day as J'Ouvert, same day as Carnival Monday itself. Monday comes and goes, the section leader, ERIC RICHARDS is no where to be found.

MONDAY kept getting worse. The all inclusive lunch that was promised could not be called lunch, not at the price of the costume. One cold, stale bake and shark is not lunch, not to sustain the kind of energy one needs for carnival. I know Bake and Shark is expensive, at about $25 per sandwich, but you and I both know that is a poor excuse for lunch, especially for a costume that should have at least $100 budgeted for food. A proper caterer could have produced a more fulfilling meal for that price. Substandard service, hustled down at the last minute by someone too cheap to do the work for the band correctly, that is what that was. I also heard stories that, just like parts of costumes were missing, parts of the carnival kit were missing as well, including one's drink bands, as my cousin related to me the story of one woman who had to go through a full interrogation and raise hell on earth to get a drink that was already paid for in the cost of her costume. Really? That's the kind of service that people deserve for the money that they earn and choose to spend playing in your band? All that was needed was for whoever distributed the costume to double check that all parts of the costume kit were included in the package, in front of the customer, before handing over the items.

Please remember that to have people in your carnival band is not a right, but a choice, and at the rate that this man, ERIC RICHARDS is going, he's ruining your credibility with carnival players. Word of mouth for the ridiculousness that went on this year will kill your membership list severely.

TUESDAY's lunch was no better: Provision and fish or pork, once again, delivered about 4 pm in the afternoon, after the 3rd judging point. Who eats provision while doing any aerobic activity? Do you want to put your bandmembers to sleep? Furthermore, if I were a masmember, I would have hit the roof at that point because I do not eat fish from strangers (after choking on a supposedly boneless piece of fish when I was younger) and I don't eat pork. Once again, poor planning. Consultation with ANY catering company would have told this man that this was a bad idea, and given a simple and more effective meal that most people would have appreciated.

As for the costumes, my family members were missing costumed bottoms up to Tuesday morning. Upon cornering ERIC RICHARDS he produced some bottoms, which were the wrong type, as specified by the registration form. My aunt is one who prefers relatively modest costumes, and the short-of-a-length bottom offered by ERIC RICHARDS were definitely not what was requested on the form. How do I know? I was there when they asked about the options for parts of the costume, like we do every year. My family is the type to ask to see samples of what a bikini bottom looks like versus what bicycle shorts look like. If my aunt requested a specific bottom, she knew exactly what it was supposed to look like and trying to force something else on her is dishonest.

BUT, THE MOST DISGUSTING PART OF THE WHOLE DEBACLE? WHEN MY FAMILY MEMBERS WENT TO THE MANAGEMENT OF TRINI REVELLERS TO COMPLAIN, THEY WERE TOLD THAT THE MANAGEMENT COULD NOT DO ANYTHING, BECAUSE IT WAS OUTSOURCED TO AN EXTERNAL PARTY, AND WAS NOT A "TRINI REVELLERS" SECTION.

EXCUSE ME?

WHERE WAS THE DEPOSIT PAID? TRINI REVELLER'S MAS CAMP
WHO'S BAND WAS THE SECTION REPRESENTING? TRINI REVELLERS
WHEN BEING JUDGED BY THE NCBA'S JUDGES IN REPRESENTING BAND OF THE YEAR, WHAT SECTION DID THE BAND BELONG TO? TRINI REVELLERS

SO PLEASE, EXPLAIN TO ME HOW A SECTION THAT IS UNDER THE BANNER OF TRINI REVELLERS, THAT ACCEPTS DEPOSITS AT THE HEADQUARTERS AND BEING JUDGED AS PART OF TRINI REVELLERS IS NOT A PART OF TRINI REVELLERS?

I know that every outsourced section must pay Trini Revellers a portion of the money received (approximately $1000) per registered member for the right to be part of the band. Please don't deny this fact, I have confirmed this from multiple sources and it is correct. So, by the action of receiving this $1000 payment, as well as by the three questions and answers above, you, the Trini Revellers organisation, are also responsible for the complete nonsense that occured. How you handle the disgrace that is ERIC RICHARDS is an in-house matter, but he needs to be dealt with. And, as an action of good faith, a good portion of the money taken for the cost of the costume needs to be refunded, preferably from ERIC RICHARDS' pockets, but from the whole organisation. While a good time is not guaranteed with the purchase of a carnival costume, the receipt of the whole costume, relevant wristbands, and a reasonable and fulling meal is part of the agreement upon purchase. TRINI REVELLERS FAILED TO DELIVER ON THIS AGREEMENT, THROUGH IT'S AGENT, ERIC RICHARDS, WHO REPRESENTS THE COMPANY THROUGH HIS AGREEMENT TO PAY $1000 PER COSTUMED MASQUERADER FOR THE USE OF THE TRINI REVELLERS BAND AND SECTION.

As a result, I want action: I want action to be taken against ERIC RICHARDS, whether it be in-house or in court. Not only has he delivered a horrible product, but he did so under your name, damaging the reputation of your company. The people affected are going to say they are never playing with TRINI REVELLERS again. In taking action against this man, I want my family members to be compensated for not receiving the goods they paid for: costume, appropriate food and unlimited drinks. Not one of your committee members, managers, or owners would appreciate this level of garbage being forced upon people who supported your band by purchasing your costumes. So why are you encouraging it?

9 comments:

mjsbunny said...

Whoever you are, I really hope you get this mess sorted out. It sounds like a horrible experience!

Яїçħїε's §pōίłčћĭļέ said...

wow this has to be the worst thing that can happen to anyone for Carnival...I hope you get FULL justice

*scratches Trini Revellers off of 2k11 list of bands I was considering playing with

Zaira said...

you sound like a smart consumer, who is not blinded by carnival

phatty girl said...

I am so sorry I hear this . I played with them second year running and had a great time . I had lunch at 12pm and we cross all judging points by 6 pm. Plus the costume collection was smooth sailing ,Rugeri Promtions is the best.

tntwikkedchik said...

I played mas for the first time this year and was disappointed to find that my bra top was 2 sizes too small. When I called to ask what they can do to help me by getting a bigger top, they simply said that there was nothing they can do. I will not be playing with them next year since they clearly do not care about the concerns of their masqueraders with something as important as the fit of the costume. How do they mistake a C with a DD? I have no clue.

Carnivalcocoa said...

I too had a crappy experience with Trini Rvellers in 2007. It was bad from registration to a shitty costume to not getting any drinks on carnival Tuesday to poorly distributed lunch on carnival Tuesday.
Never me and that band again.
I staying in IP yes.

Enrico said...

I have just read your comments on this particular section and I humbly apologize for what has happened. I intend to raise this issue at the next Management Level meeting which takes place tomorrow. I am sorry that this had to happen. Is there a way that I can have your telephone number and name as soon as possible. My sincerest apologies to you and your mother. My cell number is 745-4391.

Amanda said...

It's very saddening to hear about your experience. I have been playing with Trini Revellers for the last three years and my experience has been nothing short of fantastic. The main reason is I have chosen sections produced by Rugeri Promotions, a truly professional bunch of people. They have everything down pat. On collection of your costume, you have to go through a checklist to ensure that you receive what has been advertised. If anything needs to be adjusted, they do it on spot. Unlike most of the commentators, I will stay with Trini Revellers once Rugeri Promotions are there.

Bev said...

It was very unfortunate that you had to go through such an ordeal,especially when costumes were not ready up to Carnival Monday. I have been playing with a certain section in Trini Revellers for many years, and had decided to change to another section for carnival 2010. This was the best thing that I ever did. I played with MARDI GRAS - NEW ORLEANS, and I must say that I was treated quite professionally. I am a very picky person, but there was absolutely nothing for me to pick on. The person that was in charge of the section was a person by the name of Donna. Also her hubby assisted her, and they both were quite nice. What ever I asked for was given to me. Such as bikini shorts, and my son wanted his shorts a little longer than usual. When I arrived to get our costumes, we were handled in the utmost professional way. Donna was very easy to talk to. Of course there were irritable people who had to find something to fuss about, but even then I observed that she was quite calm, even her hubby. The other section leaders should take pattern from her. She knows how to treat people. The only thing, is that on Tuesday Morning the waist for my costume was a little big, but that I could of understand, because I had given a bigger size than usualy, without taking my measurement. So guess what, I got two pins, did what I had to do and was on my way PALANCE. Keep up the good work Donna. Again sorry for you other guys who had to go through so much trouble, next year play in Donna section.

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com