CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Boots by Daryl Review - The Runway Frontline: TRIBE

 I heard about “Designing Daryl” from various persons who have used his services over the years (including reviews on Trinidad Carnival Diary).  Last year, I decided to engage his services to decorate my boots for the section “Persian Gold” in TRIBE’s Warrior theme.  Daryl and I emailed back and forth to determine my style and to ensure that his ideas meshed with my vision of how I wanted to look.  

Although we kept in touch over the months, due to a situation beyond my control, I was unable to play mas and had to sell my costume.  The plan was that Daryl would decorate the boots when he came to Trinidad a few days before carnival. When I emailed him informing him that I would no longer need to have the boots decorated, he was very gracious and understanding.  I thanked him for the time he had spent collaborating with me and assured him that I would be contacting him for Carnival 2012.

For Carnival 2012, I contacted Daryl quite late.  He responded right away and agreed to work within my budget to decorate my boots.  My budget was clearly much smaller than he was accustomed to working with and he indicated such.  I agreed to go to Samaroo’s to choose the covering material and Daryl gave me very specific instructions on what to look for.

When he arrived in Trinidad a few days before carnival, I dropped my boots and material for him and two days later they were ready.  I was a bit apprehensive because my budget was small (the budget was actually not small but certainly small compared to what Daryl usually charges for his services).  As I drove to collect the boots I worried that he would have just covered them and use one or two gems to finish off.

I was pleased, happy and ecstatic when I collected my boots.  The foot pieces for The Runway Frontline were very elaborate so I wanted a pair of boots that would not take attention away from the foot pieces but would stand on their own as a “statement” on Carnival Monday.  The gems were carefully and perfectly placed, the styles of applique used on the rim were extremely tasteful and the boots overall sparkled in the sunlight!

The boots held up amazingly well on both Monday and Tuesday.  In the photos attached, these are the boots AFTER two days of serious prancing on Monday and Tuesday. In all, only about four gems fell off and it’s hard to even tell exactly which parts of the boots they fell off from. 

I received many compliments on the boots and other masquerades wanted to know who decorated them.
I would use Daryl again in a heartbeat.  He is quick to respond and is an amazing designer.






No comments:

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com