CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Monday, March 12, 2012

Shades Breakfast Party Review


Hi Saucy

Here’s my review on Shades.

This year I wanted to try something different from the usual Dawn, Insomnia, etc. After reading such a glorious review about SHADES review from last year, so I decided to give them a try. I told my friends about SHADES and we’ve decided that we will attend. My cousin was arriving on Saturday night from Miami; his flight was late, didn’t leave the airport not until 2am, went home and got dress.

Arrived at SHADES around 5:30am, good time. Got there parked at the grounds, shuttle bus to take to you to the venue, a very short drive, less than 2 minutes. I like that, I didn’t have to walk, you know when you are wearing wedges and walking in them and trying to look sexy, is not a good combination.

VENUE.
Hotel Normandie in St. Ann’s first time going there, due to the limited space, SHADES did the best they can do.

FOOD.
A line up for the food, not too long, menu consists of: rolls, mini, bakes, saltfish, smoke herring, eggs, bacon, and sausages in a ketchup base sauce. I had the mini bake, saltfish, eggs, and when I was going to have a piece of the bacon, the male server yelled at me, informing me that I can only have 3 items on my plates, I said “ok” and moved on. This is a first for me, after going to all-inclusive events and resorts abroad, this was a shock to me, and the man’s tone was so rude and abrupt, so that spoiled my appetite right away.

I was looking for the omelettes station and the fresh fruit station that was mention by your previous blogger from last year. None to be found. That was it. Seats were very limited, finally found a seat and had our breakfast. Disappointed. After breakfast headed to the Bar to get my first drink, since I am always the designated driver, I’m only partaking of few alcohol drinks, low and behold no SHANDY, I was so shocked. I found my favorite bartender from when I played in Spice two years ago, he recognized he and we hugged and kissed, boy he looked cute as ever. So I had to resort to drinking vodka and lots and lots of cranberry juice.

MUSIC.
The DJs did an excellent job, kept the vibes flowing nice thorough the party. Then problem child came on, problems with the sound system, the DJ announced that we will return later, and then Mr. Bachannalist himself came on stage, Kerwin did a fabulous job.

BATHROOMS.
AS usual long lines to use the ladies, end up using the Men’s bathroom, wet and not clean, the cleaning lady tried her best to keep it clean, but too much people. Then to add insult to injury an old Chinese man, was telling us please don’t sit in front of the Hotel, we are bothering the guest at the hotel. He was demanding that we moved. Very rude. I said to myself, you rented the outdoor space in your hotel for a party, now you don’t want us to stand in from, while we wait for our friend while I wait for my friend. Sorry I didn’t move.

FOOD.
While I was scouting the place, finally saw the Corn Soup people finally ARRIVE; mind you it was well after 6:45am, the DJ announced that the Bake and Shark people were on their way. I saw displayed of grapes, apples and bananas, I thought it was decoration, but I saw people taking and eating. I didn't know that. There was a snow cone machine, juice machine, and coffee machine which was nice.I finally had a cup of corn soup, very tasty. Bake and shark was ok,

OVERALL.
It was a nice party, I will attend if SHADES do decide to have one in 2013, I like the vibes of the party, drinks flowed, easy access to drinks, the servers were quite friendly and polite. The DJs did a splendid job; the music was very, very good. Lots of eye candy for the ladies, which I enjoyed very much. SHADES, whatever you did at the first SHADES in Santa Cruz, what happen? Fixed the food problem, have everything available on time, and you will have the best BREAKFAST PARTY EVER.

BIG QUESTION IS WILL I ATTEND SHADES 2013, OH YES I WILL ATTEND.

No comments:

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com