CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

(GenerationXMiami) aka Gen X Mia. Aka Generation VEX Miami. “Tremors” Review

 Costume Collection
Generation X costume collection will probably go down in history as the worst costume collection in Miami Broward Carnival history. Up to this day, October. 16th, 2012 ( 9 days after carnival) some people still have NOT received their costumes yet but they paid their balance and was not told the costume was not “ready” for collection. The place they had costume collection was as big as a walk in closet for the 1,000 plus masqueraders to pick up. They had the nerve to have a sign in sheet but being that everyone could not fit in the closet, they did not have a speaker system to announce names so if the person was outside, their name was simply crossed off the list and the next person was called. This to me was completely absurd and ridiculous.

Nevertheless, I was in “Wildfire” and came at my correct time and day for pick up. Me and my friend waited 3 hours before we were called off the “list” and allowed to get our costumes only to be told we had to come back tomorrow for the rest of our; “special orders” (wire bras and one piece). My section leader never specified this in our email (I have a copy of the email attached). 

“Hello Masqueraders!!!!

We are a week away from Carnival day!!! Ready or not
Costume Pick-up
For those who have not seen the information on our website. Wildfire section is scheduled for pick up on Friday, October 5th 5pm-10pm. 
Mas Camp address:
7640 NW 25th street
Unit 103
MiamiFL 33122
Please come with your paypal receipt in hand and cash if you have an outstanding balance. 
I will be accepting balance payment online up until midnight tonight. Make a request (via website), so an invoice can be sent. Payment must be received before midnight. 
If you have never played mas before, the mas camp can be very busy. So please bare with us during this time of bacchanal :)

See you soon!!
Kimone”
 

I was extremely upset that I am missing a party that I already paid for only to be told thanks for waiting now come back and wait some more tomorrow. I was not having it so they signed off a paper saying that we would not have to wait in line just come straight to the back and they will take care of me Saturday.
The next day I had reluctantly left Red Eye early to go back to the camp to see the line is now WRAPPED around the building and is filled with angry masqueraders. I walked straight in (as instructed by Vanessa ) and still ended up waiting another hour only to be given 2 wire bras that were missing 9 jewels and was told they did not have the one piece ready and all they can do is give my friend back $25  or a plain top to “bedazzle” herself. She was in complete shock and became filled with anger because they took the rest of her money ($150) knowing they had nothing for her.

When I spoke to another employee, Shiona; she told me I need to go and search for as well as PAY FOR a glue gun, glue sticks, jewels and some beads. I explained to her that in all they received over $1,000 between me and 2 of my friends and all I keep getting from Generation X is rude, sarcastic, insincere, and unmannerly employees but all I want is the 3 costumes we PAID in FULL for. She said all they can do is give me a tank top to dress up myself or give me the one piece on the road Sunday and she will PERSONALLY do it herself.

The room was full of people listening to her and told me to get a paper with her signing it saying that the costume will be at the road. She said she is not signing anything and I will have to take her word. I asked her what she will be wearing on the road tomorrow and she said “exactly what I have on today..this same white shirt and this same pair of jeans” in a disgusting tone. We obliged and left. The next day aka day 3 aka CARNIVAL DAY, we get to the road and I found Shiona on the drinks truck (in a different outfit). First she ignored me and my friend, then when I  finally spoke to her she said where were we at 9am??, I told her exactly where we was suppose to be, getting our make up done. She said we need to find “Charmaine” she has the costume. We asked who is she because we have no idea how she looks. She said “Fine!! I’ll get her myself” we waited 30 minutes and watched her continuing serving drinks.

Again my friend asked “can I please get my costume” and Shiona yelled “WAIT!”. After another hour we realize she has no intentions of leaving the truck or giving my friend her costume. My friend is miserable, upset and crying. Other masqueraders saw what’s happening and start telling us that there are numerous other people with half of their costumes and was told to decorate theirs and other wire bras were also falling apart. They told us to find a committee member who are in white shirts and ask them to help us. When we located a committee member  they said they couldn't help us. My friend played mas in this:

   
Security:
The road had absolutely no security. The band was FULL of stormers. The little security they did have was guarding the DRINK truck.  

Food and Drink:
I had 2 drinks the whole day because I was either being told “No drinks right now” or “wait’…or simply ignored.  The food was COLD and the lo-mein tasted sour...SPOILED!!!!!
  
Music:
The same 9 songs were played over and over again. I have a 30 minute video that has 4 songs played twice and  2 songs played THREE times.

Route:
Keeping the parade in the stadium was a horrible idea. It took a lot away from carnival in my opinion. Instead of introducing people to our culture, the only people that paid to came in were the ones who already knew about our culture.  Space was limited on the road to display big costumes and it was a “stornerfest”  the whole time I think because of this as well as the inadequate security provided by Generation X.

People:
The masqueraders call themselves “Generation Vex”…I call it “Generation Next” because I’m on to the next one. You would have to be a fool to play with Generation X again next year or ever again after how they treated the masqueradors this year. And I really enjoyed the performance on the truck…oh…that’s right…there was none..smh


Sincerely,
The whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God

17 comments:

Panama Soundwave said...

I saw a group of people about to fight at the Generation X costume pick up Saturday. I too had to go to mas camp 3 times. We got so tired of waiting for drinks that my brother grabbed a bottle off the drink truck & we were good to go the rest of the day LOLOL

Anonymous said...

I can offer read a little option as far as cosutmes in that my cousins never have a complaint about costume collections. Ever. Their section was Tsunami this year.
Of course this wont help with the yearly nonsense that the band itself delivers on the road.

Kimberly Austin said...

Generation x was terrible! They gave me and 10 others in my group plain swimsuits and told them to "stick the rhinestones on themselves, its easy". They said this only after we stood in line and paid the rest of the balance. Then when asked to speak with someone in charge we were shuffled out like cattles along with others who had issues. They were pushing and shoving (Darril Seeraj in particular) telling people "to get the f$&k out"! It was my WORST CARNIVAL EVER! I play every year (first time playing with generation x this year) and never experienced anything like this. I am going to start a site called "Ihategenerationx.com". They are the worst!

I flew all the way from Atlanta, GA, pre-paid for parties in advance and ended up stuck in a hot hallway with hundreds of people trying to pick up costumes that they did not have. I was there from 10a to 10pm fighting with so called commitee members (Cherise Seeraj and others) to get my money back! Can you beat that! I lost so much more than my costume money... THEY RUINED MY ENTIRE CARNIVAL EXPERIENCE along with the other members in my group. Altogether had a group of 20 people playing mas and they ruined it for all of us. Never again Generation X, I will be boycotting you every year while wearing a T-shirt that says "Generation X should win worst band of the year!" Generation x was terrible! They gave my group of 10 people plain swimsuits and told them to "stick the rhinestones on themselves, its easy". They said this only after we stood in line and paid the rest of the balance. Then when asked to speak with someone in charge we were shuffled out like cattles along with others who had issues. They were pushing and shoving (Darril Seeraj in particular) telling people "to get the f$&k out"! It was my WORST CARNIVAL EVER! I play every year (first time playing with generation x this year) and never experienced anything like this. I am going to start a site called "Ihategenerationx.com". They are the worst!

I flew all the way from Atlanta, GA, pre-paid for parties in advance and ended up stuck in a hot hallway with hundreds of people trying to pick up costumes that they did not have. I was there from 10a to 10pm fighting with so called commitee members (Cherise Seeraj and others) to get my money back! Can you beat that! I lost so much more than my costume money... THEY RUINED MY ENTIRE CARNIVAL EXPERIENCE along with the other members in my group. Never again Generation X... You should have won WORST BAND OF THE YEAR because the title matches very well.

Anonymous said...

whhheeeyyy! GenX really? not cool atarl.

Anonymous said...

All of it is so TRUE!!!! Gen X management and customer service was HORRIBLE!!! The mas camp experience was ridiculous, I don't even want to waste my time to describe it. Most of my friends' costumes started falling apart before we hit the road. It took forever to get a drink or even a bottle of water. They ran out of food by 3pm (food was supposed to be served until 7pm), so a lot of us didn't even get to eat. I still had a good time, because I love Carnival, but will never choose to play with Gen X again. They absolutely don't know how to handle business and keep customers happy.

Anonymous said...

You need to send these blogs your review ..smh

dvatrini1 said...

I'm so sorry you all had a horrible experience. I had a similar experience last year with the waiting in line, not receiving all of the costume parts including my head piece, but this year I gave them another chance. This was only because last year they made good on their word with getting all my costume parts and so forth. I didn't have an issue last year with food and drinks. I actually had too much to drink from the truck since after awhile they said to heck with the wrist bands. Lol
When I read all the comments it saddens me cuz carnival day is supposed to be one of the best experiences there is. I'm really upset at the one girl that had said above that her friend had to play in her shorts and shirt. Gosh thats so sad, and plan ignorant.
I played with Gen x Tsunami this year which actually was the largest section Gen x had and the services was amazing. Zhivanna section leader is the best and was on time. The costumes were beautiful and never fell apart, for me that is. I will be playing her section next year no matter what the costume looks like. Lol
As far as drinks were concerned, I arrived late around 2ish and was able to actually get a white drunk cup full to the top with rum which had me good for the rest of the day. I didn't have a chance to go back for food cuz I was too busy being wotless. Lol
I just hope that next year to ask whose carnival experience was ruin have an even better experience next year with whom ever you decide to play with! Good luck all, and again I'm sorry you all had to go through that.

dvatrini1 said...

*all

cutetrinilawyer said...

I played with Generation X 2011 and it was a horrible experience. (I was not able to make Miami 2012.) Registration was a nightmare because the website did not work when I went to register for some reason. Distribution was worse. We waited several hours to be told that I did not have my frontline headpiece even though I was fully paid. They had a young teenage child distributing cosutmes while the adults stood around not doing anything. The crowd got soooo angry at the slowness of distribution. I witnessed several people being told they have no costume. One slim girl ordered a one-piece but was given a two-piece. She said, I ordered a one-piece. The Generation X girl looked at her and said "you should care about that. You're slim and you can wear a two-piece! Why'd you order a one-piece?" I couldn't believe it! Long story short, my headpiece NEVER materialized!!! I was told it would be at the starting point carnival day but of course, I got the run around. No one knew where my headpiecce was and CHERISE whom I had dealt with was no where to be found. She ignored everyone of my phone calls and text messages. Tip to Generation X: Please don't brag that you are the "TRIBE" of Miami. What an insult to Tribe! Tribe's service is ten times this!! Drinks either were non-existent or finished early and lunch was not good. After carnival, I tried via email and telephone calls to get some sort of refund for not getting my headpiece. It's not about the money but it's the principle. The band was real sh** that year. Never again!

(BTW- in 2009 Generation X asked people to submit full-body photos of themselves. My friend and I really liked the section. I got in, she didn't! So we went with D Wassi Ones and played with Richard and Anthony's section. GREAT TIME!)

Kimberly Austin said...

Response to dvatrini1: I was suppose to play Wildfire with 20 other people. Unfortunately, we all had to split up because some got there costumes, others didnt. The ones who didnt went to Zhivanna and she was able to get all of us costumes at the last minute. I flew all the way from ATL to play mas and I was determined to play! Thank God for Zhivanna! She was awesome!

Kimberly Austin said...

Generation x was terrible! They gave my group of 10 people plain swimsuits and told them to "stick the rhinestones on themselves, its easy". They said this only after we stood in line and paid the rest of the balance. Then when asked to speak with someone in charge we were shuffled out like cattles along with others who had issues. They were pushing and shoving (Darril Seeraj in particular) telling people "to get the f$&k out"! It was my WORST CARNIVAL EVER! I play every year (first time playing with generation x this year) and never experienced anything like this. I am going to start a site called "Ihategenerationx.com". They are the worst!

I flew all the way from Atlanta, GA, pre-paid for parties in advance and ended up stuck in a hot hallway with hundreds of people trying to pick up costumes that they did not have. I was there from 10a to 10pm fighting with so called commitee members (Cherise Seeraj and others) to get my money back! Can you beat that! I lost so much more than my costume money... THEY RUINED MY ENTIRE CARNIVAL EXPERIENCE along with the other members in my group. Never again Generation X... You should have won WORST BAND OF THE YEAR because the title matches very well.

Kimberly Austin said...

Did you all see their bullsh*t apology letter (pardon my French) on the Generation X facebook page? I made sure to leave a comment for everyone to see. They still have yet to resolve the issues that occured at the Mas Camp. as you all can see, I am still very upset. The worst experience I have ever had.

DTriniRician said...

These issues have been rampant with GEN X for some time. Due to social media everyone can now see the true colors in light. I played with them last year. The Mas pick up was terrible, the bra's did not fit well. This is what you get when you buy from China. The Chinese don't know how a real 36D breast fits. There all A-cups over there. GenX bought there costumes at a cheap price, and sold for triple 2011 and 2012. This is where the issues start. Last year drinks ended early? What drinks? LOL. Me and my girls played with Euphoria Mas this year, beautiful costumes and all inclusive all day. No chits, all the premium drinks and food you can eat. ALL DAY!!! The customer service and security are impeccable. Leave GenX there days are over with. No one local in Miami plays with them anymore. Find any band that knows how to treat you. I did and i'm loyal to them!

diana said...

It was a very upsetting situation for me as well....i am a nurse and had worked 16 hours...arrived @ mascamp for 10am as they said the costume was ready...den told the monikini i ordered wasnt going to be ready till 3pm...told i didnt have to rejoin the line...i didnt pick up till 630pm...and it was a plain monikini...no gems nothing..i was in tears i was credited back the $25...but that didnt make up..for the sleep..i lost..the disrespect of the GENX employees towards the cumstomers that payed their money for their costumes....it was my first and my last time..for me and my 15 friends that played mas wid genx...i must mention tho...that the section "tsunami"---was the most organised...and i think everyone got their costumes ontime and fixed how they wanted.

kostüme für fasching karneval said...

Have you considered adding some relevant links to your article? I think it might enhance viewers’ understanding.

Deedee Henry said...

My experience with Carnival Nationz was tough this year but I ended up playing with them the first time in 2009 because I had a past experience with a poorly constructed costume from Gen X. The bikini was decorated when I collected it. The gems (and the belt) didn't last past 2pm. Another friend was void of gems and trim by 4. We crossed the stage in a headpiece and bare bikinis like several other ladies. Viewing these complaints takes me back to that experience.

KeshaDazzle said...

I was going to play with Generation X, thank God I didn't!! I played with Gisselle D Wassi One and it was the bomb. We got so drunk, drinks was in abundance and the vibe was just sweet. Thank GOD I didnt waste my money or time with Generation X.

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com