Yesterday I finally picked up my boots from Natalie at Vamp and they look awesome!Now, my boots have been ready since earlier this month when I first went to collect them, and pay off the balance, upon trying them one of the beads fell off. Being the perfectionist that she is, Natalie asked me to leave the boots so that she could change the beads since she did not want them falling off on me on the road. Apparently the supplier of the beads assured her they would hold up but with my trial they did not. These are what my new, re-vamped boots look like!


I tried the boots on at the office, leaving glitter all over the place, and they felt comfortable even without the insoles. It is such a pity that all the cute feathers will be covered with my Fireman leggings, maybe by the end of the day the leggings will be gone and by boots can be displayed on all their glory. I have not decided if I am wearing them on Monday as well. But just in case I do Natalie also gave me some glitter for touch ups. Did I express how happy I am with the final result? One of the guys at my office told me he was happy to see I got footwear to match my costume as one of his pet peeves were women beautifully dressed in costume with a sneaker, not even sprayed to match, of some odd colour on their feet.
When I left Natalie was hard at work trying to finish the rest of her orders; some of you internet orders gave her some trouble, not measuring your foot as instructed, choosing instead to measure the sneaker insole or leave an extra inch for comfort, resulting in a boot that is too big!!! The measurements have to be done precisely as they are custom made boots. I suspect that she may have one or two boots for sale next month if those boots do not fit, so if anyone is still looking for boots by the time they get to Trinidad it won’t hurt to call Natalie and ask if she has any for sale.
Here are some of the boots she has at the store at the moment:
Jean and Dinah
Sahara Jumbie
Disclaimer
It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.
All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.
While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.
As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.
Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
20 comments:
saucy your boots look great! she's making mine as well and i can't wait to see they look like!
What section are you in? I love the boots she did for Dragon, Goddess and Jab Jab.
i'm in le soleil brule.
Ok, I did not notice any finished boots for Solelil Brule but she did have some in a bronze colour that looked like the could be for Soleil. I am sure they will look great!
hi saucy im curious as to why you didnt customise your own boots? i mean the boots are ok but the decor is a bit dare i say sparse! i customise boots and shoes for people for various carnivals im sure you could of customise them youself better!!! i will send a couple of pics of some shoes i did
definitely know now to look down at ladies feet in fireman come monday then to say hullooooo!!
masquerade2k I chose not to have my boots more elaborately decorated since I am wearing the footpiece for Fireman. If I were wearing a different costume I would have had her do much more.Some of the boots she has done for other people are really elaborate and some are simpler. I guess it is up to the individual.
i agree with masquerade2k, almost all of the boots that you have shown on your blog lack decoration. i still have to see one that is "elaborately" done.
i think that if someone does not want it heavily done they are better off doing it themselves.
For the price I think what I chose was well worth it.Even if I had gotten plain boots the cost would not have be much different taking into consideration I would still have to buy the boots and buy the decorations.In addition the boots have to complement the costume not overkill the costume; I mean, how elaborately decorated do the boots need to be for Fireman?
Before seeing Natalie's boots most people I have seen on the streets(myself included) wear plain boots spray painted in gold or silver or some other colour to match their costume. Then they would just wear the footpieces with the boots and call that George.
Wheter people want decoration (and how much)or not on their boots is totally up to them.I applaud all those who are decorating the boots themselves and even those are not decorating their boots at all. It's all about choice and what works for you....just like picking a costume :D
they look cute Saucy. I think if I was in fireman I would only wear the leg pieces over some tall boots though.
i am happy to hear you make the comment "it is all about choice and what works for you, just like picking a costume", remember that when talking about other people's costumes.
An opinion of other's costume is simply that an OPINION.What I choose to write about or how I express my thoughts on this blog is really MY business. There are costumes I like and costumes I do not like and I will state my opinions just as others stated their opinions on the boots.
Blogger is free to sign up, register and feel free to start your own blog which by the way is akin to a diary where the person writing express their personal opinion on things that they feel to talk/write about.
It amazes me that yet another anonymous poster aka Blog Nazi, is once again dictating to me what I can and cannot say on my own blog!
If you have issues with what is said/written/expressed here exercise your freedom of choice and save yourself another visit in the future cause I will not change the way I write, what I write about and which costumes I personally do not like.
Wow! Amen Saucy!! Ah fine ppl too fast fuh demselves sometimes, and quick to pass judgement on others!!
I simply wanted to wish you a good afternoon and commend you on your boots. They are lovely. And as long as you like them and are happy with your purchase, you don't need to explain jack sh*t to anybody!
Oh, and tying into the comment about opinions, I had a few of my own when it comes to other ppl's outfits as well - opinions that I am well entitled to express on my blog. (Anyone who has visited my blog recently would know what I'm talking about) Agree or disagree,(this being directed to anon, of course) you have to respect ppl's right to freely express their minds. That said, Saucy, doh take him/her on. At the end of the day, all you can do is you, so DO YOU! Bless!
It's that your Carnival blog has the most attention & with everything that's successful, there's jealousy. & some ppl don't get the concept of it being your opinion, that your blog = you posting whatever you like.
PS: cute boots, & yup, that wedge heel will be the most comfortable kind (trust this Canadian gyrl who wears a lot of boots ;-), in fact, I just had a wedge heel pair on all day) ...when you originally said you were wearing boots, I did think then you must not be wearing the leg pieces, bc they'd be covered, but maybe they are sheer enough to see the boots? Or anyway, you can wear 'em w other costumes.
thanks Karabana, I will try them with the leg pieces and see how they look.
I am thinking dem leg pieces might not stay on all day anyway!
Dragon boots look good eh??
shiiite...I'm wondering now if I should have gotten boots...?
Saucy - u think she may have any left over?
saucy, never mind them, i live in nyc and if it wasn't for your blog i would be totally lost for information that i should know about.
I love the boots Saucy - I am sure you will work something with the leg piece, who knows wear one, tuck them in maybe cut & sew them so that there is a slit in the back to show the flames on the boot. I trust you will figure out what to do once your costume is in hand. Which brings me to this question Saucy - when do we pick up our costumes, I ain't hear nothing from Tribe yet and we getting ready to fly out soon.
thanks buublenut, they normally start costume distribution/collection about a week before Carnival so look out for an email next month.
Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe that there are other people soooo excited about this like me.
I am playin in Sahara Jumbie Frontline and Saucy I almost fainted when I saw the boots from Natalie. Up until coming across your website, I didn't even think about my footwear. Haven't been with Carnival for some years because of studying. But from the time, I could walk, been playing mas. I actually use to go to that guy in Woodbrook so thanks to one of your writers for hooking me up with his number again.Or I may check in with Jomo.Will let u know the choice.
This is really fun!!!! Great Job. To all the Trinis that are returning, we thank you for coming and continuing to make Carnival wonderful. Heading to do some Pilates now!!!!!
Post a Comment