CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Carnival Babies Feather Fantasy

Sailors (unisex) $450.00TT

Carnival Babies held the launch of their debut Kiddies Carnival band "Feather Fantasy" at the Hyatt Hotel on October 31. The 10 sections can be viewed on their Facebook Group, as the website is not updated as yet.

Pretty cute costumes, check them all out HERE for more information on prices.


PHOTO SOURCE:
Sade Lea Photography

8 comments:

DCARNIVALABYBABY said...

I like what I see! Finally some costumes for children that look like they put some money and thought into it. Kudos.

kiddiemas lover said...

I beg to differ, do not know who you have been looking at but the kiddies bands have always produced great mas.

CK said...

They are very cute and reasonable. I just hope they give what is advertised and not try to scam ppl!

My daughter was to play with "Spoilt Rotten kids" this yr and I got the ruddest awakening when it was time to collect. The costume was totally different from what was advertised, you would not believe how cheap and pathetic the thing looked. I kindly asked about the change and as to why I wasn't contacted because I did not pay for that, the lady had the audacity to tell me that they decided to change it and that other parents was not complaining. Even with parents complaining as we spoke! I took my money and gave it to Rosalind Gabriel and she had a ball!

Good work so far, dont follow in SRK footsteps and things should work out fine! Good Luck!

DCARNIVALABYBABY said...

Precisely KIDDIE MAS LOVER, YOU DO NOT KNOW! In MY experience with childrens mas, costumes are always thrown together and look extremely cheap. Like because they are children and can not complain to anyone but their parents they are cheated out of a costume worth wearing. I posted what I posted on the basis of what I personally been through, not you.

S said...

As someone who started playing Children's mas since age 3 and continued till they almost had to put me out, I have to say that I am with you on this one Kiddiesmas Lover. I have experienced all levels of organization and disorganization in children's mas.

Dccarnivalbaby, just as with the adults, there are always the bands with less extravagant costumes (what some might see as cheaply made) and also those with downright cheap-looking costumes. But to me they are not the rule. When It comes to the children, I have found that the reason for some of this apparent lack of quality, is usually because the band is very very small and from a small neighbourhood or village or even from a small school or something like that. Very often, it is just someone who has decided to create an option for family and friends that they can afford, and they may not have any expertise or training, or even experience, in Carnival arts at all. These groups of people do not have sponsors to subsidize the cost of materials or to get t-shirts for the parents or to provide snacks for the children, and far less to hire their own personal DJ (this is not a malicious stab at Rosalind Gabriel, I love what she does; it's just a comparison). Okay I went off on a small tangent there :-D

Anyway, I must maintain that generally, there is always more creativity and excellent craftsmanship when it comes to the children than with the adults. I think you are possibly not giving credit where credit is due, but then again as you stated (and unfortunately for you) that has been your experience. Maybe better luck next time.

SRK said...

In response to CK...I note that you made no mention of the fact that the full amount you paid for the costume inlcuding the deposit was refunded on the night you collected the costume...no questions asked!

I welcome all to go on to the bands facebook page "Spoilt Rotten Kids" to see the pink lotus costume that CK thought was "cheap and pathetic".

To you CK no need to trash the band if it was not your cup of tea. We resold that costume you returned before you even left the premises as we had a waiting list for same.

What was "cheap and pathetic" and totally lacking in class was the fact that the costume was returned minus the free giveaways we had included for the kids in the band...over to you!

CK said...

Well, it is nice to know that my opinion matters, this does not change the fact that all that I have written is TRUE.

I would not have known you responded if you did not send me an email letting me know and I'm very grateful because what is even more pathetic is the fact that your organization has to come on this blog and lie to make your name look good. EVERYTHING I received was returned to you in the same condition that I collected it, I only went to my car to make a phone call. If you put as much effort into giving ppl what they paid for as you do in trying to dirty someone name, your reputation will speak for itself and what me or anybody else think would not matter!

Yes I did get my money back, there was nothing in my comment that said different, the parts about no questions ask, a waiting list and the free giveaways, is not true, I was told sponsors did not follow through, I paid for a costume not a goody bag that you get free from sponsors, whatever I received I give back! Then again, the truth seems to be alien to this band. If I wanted to "trash" your band, I could have done that months ago, so don't flatter yourself!

When Evolution did the same thing to me, I wrote a comment about them just the same, no amount of nasty emails is going to stop me from speaking the truth, I have nothing to gain from this. Its businesses that do these sorts of things that give all business owners a bad name!

Just the same way you found my email address to let me know that you did OK after your first competition this year, you could of found it to let me know that the costume that I paid for no longer exists and let me decide if I wanted it or not!

I'm fed up of bandleaders thinking that they can show you one thing, take your money and give you something else! How would you like to pay for first class and get seated in coach!

I would love ALL bands to be successful, the honest way of course. Like I wrote, I have NOTHING to gain from a band being a success or a failure.

SRK, seems like you hold some animosity against me because I practiced my rights as a consumer, nevertheless, I wish all the best for you and your band, crap happens but its how you deal with it, says a lot!

SRK said...

Thanks for a good laugh! Your response says it all!

We also wish you and your daughter all the best for the future.

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Powered By Blogger