I went to Beach House for the first time last year because the tickets literally fell into my lap. We had a blast last year so this year we put that party on the top of our list.
First off, we thought getting the tickets were going to be easy since we registered with TFT since last summer and put a down payment. Then in February we paid the balance on the ticket and I thought we were in like Flynn.. Not so fast. About 1 week before the party I get an email saying that they would be refunding my money (which they did) because they had not tickets. They blamed this on Beach House management. Luckily for me over the years I have made acquaintances that have access to tickets so I was able to get 2 tickets when I got to Trinidad.
Due to all the problems getting tickets and the small premium I had to pay since I bought the tickets later, I decided I will be getting to this party EARLY so I can really enjoy it. My crew and I arrived at the party around 3pm. No line to get in but then did have to type in the number on the back of my ticket (beads of sweat for a second there). First drink of the day NUVO and the woman told us they have a lounge to the back.
First thing I notice the food is moved to the right front corner or the party. Also there are less comfy cabanas to lounge in while the sun is hot. All the seating seems to be moved near the food and on a raised patio structure. No sweat, we stake out the most remote and comfortable cabana (NUVO) and half of us went to get food.
When we arrived food lines were small and moving fast. People were really filling up on those portions. I got some Latin and Asian food for starters. We had a nice time in the NUVO cabana. Chatting with the girls and the main girl there Jamie. While the sun was out most of the party seemed to taking place under a large tree where everyone was crammed together. Nearby there was the Rum Cocktails Angostura cabana, Moet had a large bar, Bailey's had a booth, Patron had a cabana, and there was also two other very large bars at the party. Again Cold Stone was there and there was a very energetic snow cone dude who was dancing up a storm. For seconds I got salad and also hefty portions of shrimp for everyone in my group to snack on. No one in the party was really dancing in the main section due to the oppressive sun. So we stayed put since now our NUVO lounge (LOL) had become party headquarters. We made the decision when the sun went down we would abandon our lounge and go down to the grass..
Well that is really when the party began. Everyone was dancing and singing having a great time. Jaeger Bombs and shots of Patron appeared out of nowhere. I decided to go get some more food and by this time the food lines were a MESS.. I would say this is around 5 or 6. This is where I saw patrons FIGHTING (are we in Africa or starving its only food it's not that serious), due to people cutting the line. Some folks were waiting in line for 1 hour!!! I decided to go to the shortest line which was the doubles man. He ran out and even more chaos.
As usual the patrons were all very fashionably dressed girls and guys looked hot! Lots of eye candy as usual of all ages, shapes, races, and sizes. One note about the outfits, I am glad I didn't wear that Christian Boucad dress I almost bought from Indulge because I saw like 3 girls wearing it. I stuck to my fav DVF silk maxi dress.
I enjoyed my time this year but my only complaint would be to return to the layout of 2010. Due to the vibes, drinks and food and from my experience I give this part an A-. I drank so much Moet and NUVO I was sweating it. So I feel I definitely got my money's worth. So much so the driver we came with didn't leave thirsty ;) I would definitely go back next time I'm in TT for Carnival.
TriniPrincessa


3 comments:
LMAO @ "Wha! fan an ting!" LOLOL! Glad y'all enjoyed it...
Damn my comment was for the SSU review!!! LOL
With respect to the Christian Boucaud comment i am a Trinidadian living in New York and i support my country(Trinidad) talent.When we talking about fashion no one wear Dvf like that...when you start to talk about fashion lets talk Marchesa,Alexander Mcqueen(god rest his soul)Alexander Wang and CHRISTIAN BOUCAUD. Support your country amazing talent....
Post a Comment