Hi Saucy,
I would usually post this on my own blog but you asked for reviews of services...sooo here goes.
First: my experience using 'Ticket Federation'.
" This year I decided to go Misty Ridge on February 25th 2011...this was a first time for me and I had zero contacts on that committee.A friend had seen the event advertised on the facebook, saw a link that Ticket Federation was selling tickets and we called.
That was one of the best customer server experiences I have experienced for Carnival 2011.The guy that answered the phone was very patient, apparently my timing was perfect, since they had just had their meeting with the committee and recieved their quota of tickets. The guy, Mr. Federation I call him, detailed the entire procedure for ordering tickets via their site, register, place your reservation, explained how payments are made i.e. in cash, as well as how collection is facilitated i.e. at a specified location and gave me lots and lots of details on the fete and the entire service of their site.
Mr. Federation advised that within a day or so placing my reservation I would get an email confirming my order and get instructions for pickup.
Yep, in about two days I got my email confirmation as well as instructions as to where to collect me tickets.
We also got a follow up email reminding us that we had tickets on order and to come collect as soon as possible.
I called the number included and was given directions, very very detailed directions for us non-Port-of-Spain dwellers, as well as specifics on if someone else was collecting in my place.
A friend collected the tickets for me, and she found the place easily and paid and collected our tickets in no time.
All in all, one of the better customer service experiences for my Carnival 2011."
Now on to my review of Afro Chic's services.
"As you know I'm fully committed to playing backline, no frontline or individual aspirations for this masquerader...at least none yet.But for Carnival 2011 after registering in that regal costume Mayan Eagle, I decided that ordinary boots just would not do. So, based on the pics on Afro Chic's facebook page, and on your reviews and Afro chic's website...yes I was hesitant...I took the plunge.
My first contact with Afro Chic was via her registration form on her website. I filled in my information, and with great trepidation clicked 'submit'. Got an email confirming my order and my registration number in a couple days or so.Then came the time for making the down payment.. Afro Chic sent an emails about the options for dropping off boots and making the downpayment. I missed almost all the possible dates, work can be a b!tch sometimes...but I digress!! I think Afro Chic and I exchanged almost 20 emails before we were able to arrive at a mutually convenient drop off point, on a day that was not even an option for drop offs outside of St. James...
We met, my boots were handed over, my downpayment was made, my comments about what I was looking for had been entered on my registration form.
I was sooo anxious from then for a long, long time...I started seeing sneak peeks of other boots, items that Afro Chic was working on and no word about mine....I sent an email, Afro Chic posted a reply on FB that email will be sent regarding collections.
A couple days later, I got that lovely email with the collection date...such relief, but I wondered how I would collect since I was supposed to be somewhere else at the time listed. Afro Chic then called letting me know that my boots won't be ready until the Saturday due to mixups with the decorations. I don't think I was ever so grateful for a mixup...Saturday worked perfectly with my plans.
Got to the collection point on Saturday with no problems, directions were very very clear and ...Afro Chic seems to be a miracle worker. Going on nothing more than my few words on my initial registration form and knowing what band/section I was in, my plain brown slouch boots were transformed into footware worthy of a Mayan Eagle masquerader...nothing flashy and over the top, I believe that Afro Chic got the essence of the costume and my less than creative ideas down to a 'T'. And to think my boots had started off being decorated for another section...Who would have thunk it! Also, judging from the gorgeous items that I glimpsed, other customers were as pleased with their Afro Chic items for Carnival 2011.
Ohhh and with my decorated boots I got a little goody bag contents: glitter, gems, condoms and a keyring. Quite unexpected...neat little touch.
Thank you, thank you Afro Chic...I'll be bringing my boots to you again for Carnival 2012 once I figure out what band and section I'll be in :-)
Another good customer service experience."
A pic of my boots is attached.




3 comments:
you were lucky! i took my friend to pick up her boots on carnival saturday which she had given to Afrochic since December 2010, and all she got where a few gemstones stuck on, no feathers, spray painting, just a few gemstones...something she could have done herself...mind you she went home and finished the job herself...it was of sooo disappointing...and she definitely got no goodie bag...wait till she sees this review...
Thanks for the review shells :)
Hi Shantie, I'm sorry to hear that your friend was not pleased with her boots, can you please ask her to send me an email so I can address that with her directly, thank you.
wow..those boots look HOT
Post a Comment