2. Fletch Dry your costume. To do this use a small brush, dip into the fletch dry powder then coat your feathers. This method works best on bras, belts and other small feather areas. Depending on the size of your headpiece you can simply put it in a bag with the powder and shake. It is a bit too late to order fletch dry now and NO it is not sold in Trinidad. The other alternative may be a Sail Waterproofing Spray sold at Peakes; one blogger swore that this worked very well on her costume.
3. Do a test run wearing your costume complete with tights and boots. This way you will know if your tights are comfortable, your costume fits properly and your boots are wearable. Also this will help you determine if you need any adjustments. All the partying can either cause you to lose or gain a few pounds. Samaroos is open today until 10PM in the event you need some last minute supplies.
4. Give your costume a good look over, check for missing beads, stones or any items that may have come lose. I know that you really should not be hot gluing missing decoration at this stage if the costume was constructed properly but sometimes it is a necessary evil! Also, make sure you are given the correct pieces of your costume, if you have foot pieces make sure they are left and right, same goes for arm pieces!
5. Lay out your entire costume pieces, or put them on a hanger; do the same for Monday wear. Put everything you need for both days including your pouch, makeup, accessories etc and make a list of all the things you need when getting dressed. This is especially handy if you are not getting dressed at home (for those getting makeup done). Also do up a list of what you are actually taking with you on the road such as sunblock, blotting sheets, cell phone etc and test run your pouch or bag to ensure that everything can fit.
6. Charge all camera and cell phone batteries.
7. If you are switching cell phones (like me, as I am going with a CHEAP phone on the road) save all your phone numbers to the SIM Card. On that note enter all the contact numbers for friends and locate the band service on your phone as well.
8. Now is the time to co-ordinate with friends or your driver the times you need to be picked up and dropped off on Monday and Tuesday. Double check the band’s Meeting Points and time of departure.
9. Get rid of all the body hair that you may have forgotten to wax!
10. And finally get enough rest and enough liquids so you won’t be tired or dehydrated tomorrow…