Finally, I made it to the gym! It was not as bad as I though it would be, in fact it was great. Firstly the gym was not crowded as I feared and secondly I did both aerobics and weight training and it was not too difficult at all.
This was the first time going to this particular gym; I purposely avoided my regular, more popular, haunt and it paid off. The equipment was not as varied as my usual gym nor was there any spin classes or any other fancy stuff, it was all about basics which was fine with me. I was there to do what I had to do and leave.
When I arrived the aerobics class was already in session so upon the urging of my husband to get my 20 minutes of aerobics that way I joined in. While it was more fun than the bike or treadmill (we had a whole session of wining moves to soca music) I was severely afflicted with un-coordination at the start! That’s one thing about aerobics; you have to constantly keep up with the choreography. I ended up in the aerobics class for 45 minutes, getting an ab work out as well before moving on to the machines.
getting my aerobic workout 
Now I have to say that today the drill sergeant turned into personal trainer, which suits him much better. He made sure I was using the machines correctly, spotted me when doing squats and advised me of how many repetitions I should do to burn weight (4 sets of 15 on each machine).
So, it was a good day at the gym, I am glad I started at last! Oh, and I saw one of the Warrior Spirit guys I met at registration working out hard! He was quite surprised that I had only “just” started weight training, since he looks as if he had been to the gym for some months! Ladies in Warrior Spirit look out, judging by his physique the men are going to be smoking!
Disclaimer
It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.
All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.
While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.
As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.
Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
12 comments:
Girl, who you have taking pics of you working out? lol
Anyway, my efforts are finally paying off. One of the gym buffs at work noticed a change in me. :-D :-D
Great job Saucy!!! I too am like you, did weights and cardio yesterday, 40 mins Turbo Sculpt and 45 mins on the elliptical!! Doesn't the burn feel great?? Now for day 2 - GO SAUCY GO!!!
Shandy, the husband who did not do one thing but instruct me!
Good for you Saucy. An aerobics class with wining like they know what you there for.
I supposed to hit one soon only cause I can't go to my regular martial arts yet
Ah shame! After all my talk yesterday, I went home and collapsed, fully-clothed into my bed.
But this will be a long weekend for us in the states (Monday is Martin Luther King day) and I plan to use the time to launch into some serious preparations. Not just exercise and nutrition, but inspecting and packing my outfits and planning a 'fashion strategy'. I was checking out the galleries on Triniscene and dem chicks NOT EASY with the outfits this year.
I did some weights but only on my arms. Now I can harldy type. OW!
Yes Saucy, spy out dem hot men in Tribe for us...Ah find we should have some half -nekked men in gold and silver speedo's like IP did lastyear.
Just for the laydees!
"Ah find we should have some half -nekked men in gold and silver speedo's like IP did lastyear."
ahhm no eh! No speedos!! LOL me eh care how hot de men looking.
LOL...Saucy, I with you on this one...NO SPEEDOS...let me imagine than to SEE the truth...LOL... ;)
somehow the speedos doh ever look full...ROTFL !!
Going good, Saucy! Ok, so you are doing weight machines instead of free weights, and 4sets 15reps. It's all good! And I am glad hubby is back as personal trainer. Now if he uses that "negative" encouragement thing like "yuh too weak" or "yuh just too soft" just use a "natural" need to "cuss" him and put that adrenaline into pushing the weights. Nice work!!!
Sarce I agree,
HELL NO to Speedos...Nah mayn. Nah!
Those men in their Speedos with their gynecomastic bubbies flopping up and down. Not cute. Eh eh.
And we women does worry about we bra size fuh Carnival!..Steups.
I glad to hear de TRIBE fellahs hitting de pecs. Nutting like ah sexy Native Indian.
Bad Jane Dolli whey yuh come out from gyul? LOL
dougs no cuss passing, I doing it willingly this time plus I hear "lame' yet :D
Post a Comment