CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Monday, January 08, 2007

Mc Farlane Mas Camp Visit

Last evening I visited Brian Mc Farlane’s mas camp, en route to check out the lime at Peter Samuel’s mas camp which is one street away. Surprisingly Mc Farlane’s camp was opened and of course I took the opportunity to have a look at the sketches up close.

The entire building, inside and out, is painted pristine white and apart from the framed costume sketches on the wall is rater minimalist in décor. All of the sections are priced and named, with the exception of the two all female costumes as reported before. Upon enquiring I was told these are priced at $4700.00 for Antim Yatra and $7200.00 for Swaagatam.





The latter costume is made entirely of silk, with a back pack and silk paneled skirt over a “can can” to get the full skirted effect. It is also very ornately decorated with “jewelry”.

Further enquiries into the section that allegedly sold out. Anna Dhan, revealed that it is not completely sold out as yet, but being the cheapest section it is almost sold out!



Two other sections which are not on the website these are:





The strange thing is that an employee at the mas camp assured me that all the sections were on the website with names and prices however I have been checking the website regularly and nothing has changed. If anyone is seeing something different, please let me know!

In the meantime here are the rest of sections with names and prices compliments "iggy" all the way in Norway! thanks a bunch!























19 comments:

Iggy said...

Heya Saucydiva! I received an email from the mascamp with all the section pics and prices.
I too have been repeatedly checking the website for the registration since I live abroad, but so far no registration possibilities as yet.
The section "Anna Dhan" is sold out according to my mascamp contact.

Iggy said...

By the way, "Basant" is the section I'm drooling over :-)

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

hey iggy,
I can't remember the names of all the sections, be a sweetie and forward me the email: trinicarnivaldiary@yahoo.com

thanks!

Socaholic said...

Morning Bloggers, morning Saucy.
Saucy can I tell you that BG was a fantastic fete. Mr Machel Montano HD gave an amazing performance and I can't wait for Monday & Tuesday to reach!!! Get ready to flllyyy I'm so high high high!!!!

The ting start!!!

PS Saucy now self you can't post yuh pic online, mascamps will have a "Be on the look out" poster with you on it for snapping all these pics on the down low. LOL

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Like everyone went BG! Socaholic doh rub it een nah ;)

thanks for the email iggy and I must say Basant is one of the sections i liked from day 1, I also like the "new" section raajsi.. just beautiful!

Iggy said...

You're welcome saucy :-)

..an ah doh want tuh hear nuttin bout no fete since ah not dere yet, ah go jess get vex an sour!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Saucy IS the NEW 007 in 2007 (Daniel Craig who?) ; )

Thanks for all your information you provide so meticulously and deligently. You have been more than a Carnival baby for me (I suspect a vast majority of your readers too) this season; you have been a Carnival ANGEL!!!!

Iggy thanks as well (ah go see yuh in de band).

Saucy, Raajsi is soooo beautiful for women. I can't wait to see our ("India...") sexy women in da section. Bikini mas doh have notten on we...lol

Well, yuh know by now, I have decided on Kaal (a bit "darker" statement, but it is part of the drama of our lives), and I will love portraying this mas, body designs and all. It go be Carnival joy for me...

My backup (2nd choice) section is Udaan.

Bagogyul said...

Saucy, Morning Everyone.
Thanks, now i'll know exactly which one my aunty is playing in!

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

kaal and udan have a similarity however Kaal has more drama and I prefer the blue. Great choice!

I am quite jealous of all the decoration the costumes appear to have from the sketches. I can imagine all the jewelry that will adorn the women and you are right, bikini mas has nothing on India!

If I were not already a Firewoman I would be "Royalty" :D

Anonymous said...

SAUCY!!!!

Happy New Year Chick!! All of God's best blessings for an amazing 2007!!
Yes, I'm 8 days late, but I was on vacation and away from a pc (deliberately actually, I was determined to focus on enjoying where I was).

So yuh miss me or what??!! :)

Happy New Year bloggers, may God bless you all ABUNDANTLY in 2007!

I feeling out of the loop, but I'll do my best to catch up. Sauce judging by the pics in the papers BG was a bes' party.
Yuh going Bliss?? I heard some whispers that you were not going.

This is off topic I know....sorry.

And by the way Missie.....you looking ON eh!! Keep it up!!!

Oracle Bacchanal said...

Saucy, how many times am I going to say thanks to you before carnival tues reach. My aunt in Atlanta called me just last night all stressed cause she hear the band launch and she not seeing prices or even names of sections on the website. I tell her I have a online friend who is Miss Carnival Investigator, lemme email the pic to her and see what she can find out...come on your blog to find your email and voila..all the answers to Auntie questions right there.

SAUCY FOR PRESIDENT!! or carnival queen or something lol

Anonymous said...

I am totally for the idea of Saucy for President!!!!

Good Morning All.

Saucy, you have just stopped World War III from occuring here in my home. A silent war was brewing based on the previous designs on the site. I had made up my mind about Dil Ka Leela. Now my husband, who usually does not give too much trouble, unless the costume is a total disaster, put his foot down and INSISTED that he was not wearing a dress. LOL. I tried to assuage his fears and assured him that it is just wide looking pants. He was not going for that ATALL! He stated, "I know a dress when I see a dress, and I am not wearing no dress"!! Hence, the battle of the section choice had begun.

Enter Saucy (Thanks to you too Iggy), Because when I log on and see Raajsi, I called up my husband at work and told him to take a peek. Peace talks began, and we began negotiations over the costume crisis. A peace treaty called the Raajsi Convention has been signed, and a war has been thwarted!!

Saucy... You're the best!!!!

P.S. - I will let you get thru your fireman mas and survive carnival, then we will all have to go back to the negotiation table and talk about Saucy for President... of her own mas band that is (hint hint).

TOG

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Warrior you were missed! I was wondering where you were! Hope the little vacay was great and you are now fully rested up for Carnival.You heard right, I eh going to Bliss! I so wanted to see Machel perform but girl, I eh paying $400.00 for Destra.. I heard her performances thus far have not been up to par.

natasha doh forget Iggy!! Iggy is the one with the magic email and he so kindly sent it to me to share the pics with you all.

TOG I LOVE that section! LOVE LOVE !! And I am very happy you and the hubby have not come to wars over the "dress".

MAS ASSASSIN said...

SAUCY SAUCY SAUCY!
thanks for all the info on boyie it looks like it gonna be a great band the story line is beautiful and i cant wait to see the whole show on the road.
Saucy got my vote for President!
Keep up the good work saucy.

Anonymous said...

one question am i the only person seeing redicalous prices????

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

The prices have def. gone up over last year's presentation for sure.

Now I am not making any excuses but I was told that the 7K price on Swaagatam was due to the fact that the fabric being used is silk, and the decorations being used are jewelry.

From the drawings it is difficult to tell what the actual jewelry or decorations will be and maybe a protoype would better serve to end all speculation. However I can only harbour a guess that this in additon to the type of fabrics being used can account for the increase in prices.

Of course you also have to factor in inflation to the prices!

Icahwait* said...

as I feared my comment didn't go through.
The point was that these costumes are pretty amazing and I think there is a definate band of the year contender with Mcfarlane.

Anonymous said...

It's in, I am registered to play in the "Kaal" section! (local assistance from my cousin, nice).

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

congrats dougla! You are not the only one using the "local" assitance to register!

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Powered By Blogger