Ok, so now that I am back in Trinidad and have more than enough time on my hands the first order of business was getting the fur off my boots. It was a very easy task, I did it while looking at the election results and fighting off tiredness after travelling all evening. The fur around the top came off in one piece and the fur that edges the boots clipped off with a pair of scissors. Quite simple to do! The next step will be to spray paint the boots gold and then move on to the decorating stage. Ideally I may fully glitter it as well since Afro Chic thinks the effect would be better.


The boots are very comfortable I must add, though I will need to break them in to make them more pliable. As is, it is a bit too stiff across the instep to jump up all day. I am also adding the Dr Scholls insoles for boots and heels since they are a bit thinner than the regular gel insoles and will not crowd your toes. Ideally if you are using the other insoles get your boots a half size bigger as the gel insoles are somewhat thick and you will need the extra space.
I know other bloggers are also working on their boots, I saw CB's de-furred and spray painted boots for Kingfisher that look VERY nice already. The finished product will be awesome! As I work on my boots in stages I will post more photos. Hope this gives some inspiration to you gals with the initiative to re work your own boots!
The boots are very comfortable I must add, though I will need to break them in to make them more pliable. As is, it is a bit too stiff across the instep to jump up all day. I am also adding the Dr Scholls insoles for boots and heels since they are a bit thinner than the regular gel insoles and will not crowd your toes. Ideally if you are using the other insoles get your boots a half size bigger as the gel insoles are somewhat thick and you will need the extra space.
I know other bloggers are also working on their boots, I saw CB's de-furred and spray painted boots for Kingfisher that look VERY nice already. The finished product will be awesome! As I work on my boots in stages I will post more photos. Hope this gives some inspiration to you gals with the initiative to re work your own boots!



3 comments:
Looking good!
Ent ah tell yuh it woulda be easy?
Boots looking nize, Saucy! I agree with AC that the full-glitter finish will be smokin'.
Thanks for the big-up on the boots. ;-)
Saucy dem boots workin it out twice! can't wait to see 'em finished!
Post a Comment