With all the other Carnival Bloggers lapsing these days (school, work and even pregnancy taking up their time) it was quite refreshing to see a new blog make it unto the Carnival Roster. Someone sent me the link to "Wining Kriminals" when they first started blogging in October, however though the content is hilarious (a man's take on mas) I was keeping an eye on the consistency as you know many blogs start off hot and sweaty then they fall off the radar!
Well, I am happy to see that one month later Wining Kriminals is still going strong and have managed to keep me interested with some very clever and observant articles, like one called "Picking a Band or Section to Play Mas" where they described me to a T:
Well, I am happy to see that one month later Wining Kriminals is still going strong and have managed to keep me interested with some very clever and observant articles, like one called "Picking a Band or Section to Play Mas" where they described me to a T:
D Carnival Whore started off playing Kiddies Carnival and hasn’t stopped yet. She mudder, grandmudder and greatgrand-mudder passed the standard to her. She is faithful to one band and will planasse yuh if yuh dare badtalk she band. She have playing mas down to a science and you can learn a lot from this woman. There is also a very high probability that this masquerader will fall into the “2 band hoe” category discussed earlier. Nothing will stop this particular woman from making mas year after year. 9 months pregnant? no scene, House burn down and all belongings lost? no problem.. Husband threaten to leave if she go one more carnival??? Fukk him… A real Carnival Whore is relentless and tenacious. I would rather hand feed a rabid pit bull than get in the way of this womans mas.
These men have really been paying attention! Check out the rest of that article and the others at http://carnivalmanlaws.wordpress.com/. And let me just add that I hope they keep it up, I am looking forward to their anti-capitalist, male, skylaker, "bless us" with their view on Carnival and how Carnival should be.



7 comments:
That blog is hilarious, I just watch the first post and see a set of a$$es .And is true, we here talking about makeup and hair and all they studying is to turn the girl costume around to see her ass...lol
This blog funny no arse!!! Just goes to show Men are from Mars, Women from Venus. This blog is refreshing and intrested to see what men think about come carnival time. Big up!!
Yes, men are from Mars and women are from Venus, but we must keep in mind that men must not think they have any rights to own women, period.
I love the forms of beautiful shaped women, and I have said once or twice on this blog that I like thick women with ample breasts (meaning no disrespect to any other body types)-bottoms nicely illustrated by Wining Krimnals, but in no way I try to objectify and or disrepect women. So, I just want to caution my brothers. Check yuhself.
I am concerned that Trini men (any men) could give plenty horn, but they can't take ah horn. Dais the "fun" one. But, what about this one about the deadly threats of "yuh kar leave meh" from disturbing possesive and/or abusive men? Fellas, check yuhself.
Men, I myself like a good hard break away wine from the most "generous" ladies out on the road, but do remember you do not own any body out there, contrary to what you might desire. Please, check yuhself. Ladies, your responsibilities of your own self respect are on you. Ladies, check yuhself.
We go talk about homophobia next time. Peace. Ah gone.
dougla_1 could u translate please, im relly relly lost.
cannes, what specifically would you like translated?
1) men have rights to own women?
2) bottoms nicely illustrated by Wining Krimnals, but in no way I try to objectify and or disrepect women. So, I just want to caution my brothers. Check yuhself??
3) I am concerned that Trini men (any men) could give plenty horn, but they can't take ah horn. Dais the "fun" one. But, what about this one about the deadly threats of "yuh kar leave meh" from disturbing possesive and/or abusive men? Fellas, check yuhself???
4) Men, I myself like a good hard break away wine from the most "generous" ladies out on the road, but do remember you do not own any body out there, contrary to what you might desire. Please, check yuhself. Ladies, your responsibilities of your own self respect are on you. Ladies, check yuhself????
1. I didn't say that, but quite to the contrary. I am of a more enlightened view.
2. I love beautiful shaped women. However, you wouldn't find me with a video camera trying to take images of what are disgusting "objectifications." My caution to fellas check yuhself, is sound, meaning don't do that! (unless, you are a woman who do the same thing, then the caution applies to females too.)
3. Well, have you read Trinidad news lately? Do. Some countries still have "honor" killings of females! This is quite wrong.
4. Well, I have seen "couples" "sandwiches" going on as if a wine is sex in the street. Grabbing and grouping as if a man/men "own" this intoxicated "ting" is quite horrible. Females have been know to be incorrigible of these "welcomed" actions, for sure. Hence my caution to both sexes.
I will always say Trinidad's Carnival is NOT GIRLS GONE WILD. That is a different show. Our Carnival is about art, culture, and freedom. It is simply not an excuse for debauchery. Some may want to think so, but that is a tief head having no T&T historical context.
Post a Comment