CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Island People Mas Camp Visit Part One


Island People's mas camp opened for viewing today and many eager masqueraders, and potential masqueraders, were gawking over costumes mere hours after the doors opened.

Well, silly me forgot to charge my camera battery and thinking I had enough battery life left didn't realize that it would have died mid taking pics at the mas camp *sad face*.

The good news is I was able to get pics of most of the sections, however I did not get all of Chocolate and Caramel, Touch, Angel Falls or Midnight Bloom. Paradisus had just arrived while I was at the mas camp, so it was not on display today nor was the headpiece for Afrodisiac Back Line.

I have to say that the costumes look very, very pretty in real with LOTS of detail that I hope is captured in the shots. There is hardly anything to nit pick over for me, my favorite costume has to be Dreams Frontline.



My mind has changed on Chocolate and Caramel, they are both gorgeous! I still do not favor Love but the backline bra is very pretty.

Carnival also looks better in the close up shots, though I do not like the headpiece at all.


My intent was to come home, get my other camera and head back to the mas camp but my word, it started pouring . torrential downpour, in Port of Spain and did not let up! I passed through flood (on the bus route), saw the Eastern Main Road totally covered in water, people's homes collapsed, a billboard collapsed, houses flooded out with water, power outages and debris all over! I hope that no one was injured or suffered worse today; the force of the water brought rivers and drains to the brink and over flowing. Makes the whole fuss over costumes seem totally irrelevant in the face of that force of nature.

Anyway I will be back at the Mas Camp to get Part 2 of the costumes tomorrow, and you can always check out Afro Chic's blog as she informed that weather withstanding she would try to make a visit today as well.

For LOTS more close up shots check out my photobucket album here. (there are 146 pics which are still in the process of being uploaded).

p.s. feel free to use my pics on the forums lol; you can link to photobucket without any issues!

4 comments:

Carnival Diva said...

hmmm, well, i can say....mmm hmmm upclose is a hell of a thing. ok, i can say i am liking more now

DC Chica said...

Ray of light is gorgeous - love love love the bra

solarboy said...

ok from a male point of view i think the top 5 are :
Afrodisiac.. though it needs a headpiece , apparently alot of guys including myself were inquiring if one would be added cuz let's face it everyone doesn't look like the model (Kenwyn) on the calender and it's the only male costume without one.
Midnight Bloom.. it gives off a kinda warrior/high priest vibe and has the best headpiece overall. Caramel and Chocolate..the clours really mix well and cool embelishments.
Heavenly Skies.. really nice choice of Blues in this one and the headpiece is a lil reminiscent of Hermes'(Greek God of Speed) Cap with the wings
OceanWhispers.. The use of actual shells and the colour mostly stood out in this one.
But then again this is just in my opinion..

babydoll said...

I must agree now seeing the close up pics I am more pleased with the costumes than before! Thanks Saucy!

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com