CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Xtreme Lash Extensions - The Saucy Review

People who know me know that I tend to go a bit overboard for Carnival,  I believe in the "go big or stay home" approach to playing mas; if I am not in full pageantry mindset with hair, boots, makeup and costume the experience is not the same for me. This is a personal choice, we all play mas the way we enjoy, and as a consequence I try lots of different things to enhance my overall Carnival look each year.

Lashes to me are a necessity for Carnival especially when you are doing professional makeup. I usually get individual lashes done a few days before the big day however this year I have decided to try Xtreme Lashes which are individual lash extensions that can last you up to 4 weeks. After the initial four week period because the lashes are attached to your own lashes which naturally fall out, you can refill the lashes and continue wearing them for as long as you desire.

Now these lashes are VERY different to your regular flare individual eyelashes that are attached along your lash line. First off it takes TWO hours to apply as each one is meticulously adhered to every single eye lash. Post application care for 48 hrs means no water goes on the lashes and you cannot rub your eyes. So far I have been good with not getting it wet for the first two days, but rubbing your eyes is a challenge. I have lost ONE lash on each eye since having them done which according to the eyelash expert is normal. 

Having worn the lashes now for some days I can tell you right away I LOVE them! They look NATURAL (key word here for me) and feel as if I have nothing on my eyes. I wear contact lens and I have had lashes done before that were so heavy and uncomfortable I had to remove them right away. These lash extensions need more care than your regular individual lashes but the bonus is you do not lose your eyelashes when they fall off as they are not attached to your eyelash from the base of your eyelid! The glue is also clear, so you do not see clumps of black glue when looking at your eye and the lash itself looks realistic, not like spider legs glued to your lids. They literally look like your lashes, just longer and fuller.

Top right : my natural lashes
Top left: Eyelash extension in progress
Bottom: Xtreme Lash Extensions

The caveat is that the Xtreme lash does not come cheap, my previous lashes cost around $120.00TT and lasted a week. Xtreme lashes will cost you $800.00TT  with refills at $400.00TT and should last up to four weeks. My partner in crime Carnival Jumbie has been wearing Xtreme lashes since 2008, you can read her review HERE. I would also strongly suggest you have these applied by ONLY a CERTIFIED technician and yes, ask to see the certificate. If you are interested in getting it done by my lash expert Earlyne check out her flyer below with all the contact details:

click to enlarge

To learn more about Xtreme lashes visit the website: http://www.xtremelashes.com/



1 comment:

-:¦:-•:*''''*:•.-:¦:-•* cb *•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:- said...

I too love the effect of Xtreme Lashes. You can choose the type and length of lash you'd like as well. If you know you're applying them specifically for Carnival, you can ask your technician for a longer length and thicker lash for something more prominent. Chances are, your tech will ask you what kind of look you desire at the beginning of the appointment. :-)

Be careful, however. I ended up wasting my money one year because the weather one Carnival was SO hot and dry, and dust and particles kept getting into my eyes every time the breeze blew. The excessive tearing and my constant touching caused the lashes to fall out much sooner than previous Xtreme Lash applications. Made me sad that my beautiful lashes didn't even last until Carnival Tuesday. All other applications both before and after that incident lasted the estimated 4 weeks, though.

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com