The rumor mill has tongues wagging on the possible return yet again of Peter Minshall to Carnival 2007. I have heard that the Callaloo Company is bringing a presentation for 2007, however this has not been confirmed though the announcement was made on a local radio station during a conversation about Carnival.
The fact that Minshall might be bringing a band so "late" in the game should come as no surprise since as he dropped the news of "Sacred Heart" this year in January and the band was still well supported by his fans and won the title medium Band of the Year. If the rumors are true it would mean that after a hiatus of two years Minshall is back in the game.
Only time will tell I guess, we shall see!
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com
therefore all rights are reserved.
Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com
Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Disclaimer
It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.
All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.
While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.
As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.
Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.
While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.
As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.
Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com



11 comments:
Minshy has reached the point where he could do what the ass he wants and almost never make a misstep. If he want to rest, he deserves a rest. If he wants to come back in the game, he could damn well come back. His presence would only serve to make for a more amazing experience.
no wonder Macfarlane sticking like that, i wont be surprised if he holds out till next year, he's gonna want his hype right next to Minshall's is like he don't want to walk in his footsteps but wear his shoes.
From what I have heard the postponement of Mc Farlane's launch has to do with finding a new location for the mas camp and it is tentatively scheduled for next Friday.
When Minshall came back this year Mc Farlane was asked about how that affected him and he was nonplussed, saying his registration was not affected.
I can see the comparisons between the two, but it remains to be seen what both presentations (if the rumors are true) will be like!
What surprises me about Minshall's dropping me is how many people there are that are still not attached to a band - so much so that can still give Minshall a good turnout during Carnival. I guess that attests to Minshall's appeal and power.
i think you can compare them both...but they are still signaficantly different mas geniuses(OMG is that a word!)
Yuh see, dais what ah mean. Saucy just come back with a little timely information to put things at ease. Normally, at this time (ok, Christmas first) meh Carnival jumbie would be restless for specifics of things going on in Trinidad (especially, wha Minshall comin wit). I waited patiently for MacFarlane and I was cool, because I knew Saucy would let us know something when she could get specific information (not like other online forums where people spread rumors and just make we more "sick"). So, Brian MacFarlane not really sticking, but just organizing a little bit more.
Now, I hope Masquerader could go back practicing applying kadja (black eyeliner), and find the pefect center for the bindis with joy and warmth in London for his passage to "India" (I know, section pictures and/or sketches would be better though).
And just this morning I was thinking about Minshall and the Callaloo Company and about all their fantastic bands of the past! Even though I have never played with him....all the older heads in my family are Minshall die hards and it is becuase of people like them that Minshall could announce a band on Carnival Saturday and still have a good turnout!
Well I called Callaloo Company and they are unaware of any plans for a band for 2007 but would not confirm or deny if the rumors are true ..LOL.. which I find strange.
I had to ask the lady where did the two talk show hosts get the idea that Minshall wa bringing a band from and she said it was the first she heard of it.. she was quite pleasant and laughed right through all my questions :D
Here is the thing Saucy. I don't really concern myself too much with Minshall at this time. I have a strong suspicion that he NEVER announces his intentions before Christmas. For all the naysayer criticism the man gets, people seem to always forget his reverence for the traditions and spirit of Trinidad's Mas. One of the unspoken traditions is you launch the theme of the band AFTER Christmas.
Masquerader, the EM Foster, A Passage to India literary allusion does not apply, but I hoped it would conjure exotic images of India itself. Passage in the sense I wrote just means a voyage to Brian MacFarlane's "India" down in ah Trinidad.
From all I've heard about this mas Master, I certainly hope that when I finally get there, I can see his work!
Post a Comment