CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Island People's Animal Instincts

Black Widow Spider - Laprodectus Mactans






Red Tiger - Panthera Tigris






Crocodile - Crocodylus moreletii




Polar Bear/Brown Bear - Ursus maritimus/Ursus artocs




Portuguese Man O War - Phylsalia pyysalis




Silver Fox - Vulpes Corsac




Lion and Liones -Panthera Leo




Great Egret - Ardea Alba






Dragon Lizard - Pogona Villiceps






Zebra -Equus Zebra




Cheetah - Acionyx jubatus




King Fisher Bird - Alcedo atthis




25 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh. ah sweatin !!!!

thanks saucy!!!

but i think that red section leader is a bit much for me. maybe it will look a lil better to me with stockings on since it wont be up inside yuh brain.........lol

but i admire those willing to take the risk

Anonymous said...

im in carnival heaven.silver fix, black widow and ummm, zebra maybe!!

Anonymous said...

OK I love cheetah, king fisher bird and silver fox. Have to agree with Anon dat red look like a jumping yeast infection.
Thank you so much for posting these in real time.
Tribe getting my money tomorrow - I overseas and couldnt deal with the drama today but IP looking good.

Anonymous said...

ok, they need to re-do both bears and egret frontline...

shoegal said...

Lawdddddddd deh nakedness deh NEKKIDNESS...........KingFisher, Black Widow, Zebra, Cheetah, Dragon Lizard, those are my choices...all FRONTLINES & INDIVIDUALS!!! yea yah!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed. I thought the men costumes were going to be HOT!!! it is the same shorts, arm piece, leg piece, and neck piece. The females I do not know if this is mas there is too much nudity for me. I think I have to look elsewhere to play mas next year. Very disappointed IP, very disappointed. How come the comments not as much as the First big band to launch? Was expecting alot more and they did not deliver. Come Carnival Tuesday you will not see a costume because this is not mas.

Anonymous said...

so, those leaked photos were of IPs costumes - and I'm still not feeling them. Out of the ones so far, I only like kingfisher, and maybe silver fox. I'm really surprised coz I thought I'd prefer them to Tribe's but I don't!

Anonymous said...

Some of the models are the same as Harts and Tribe AGAIN. Boring. At least there is slightly more of a variety of colour and size though.

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

anon 7:27 AM two questions:

1.Have you seen Island People's costumes over the past 2 years being anything BUT skimpy?

2.Apart from Kingfisher and Red Tiger which other sections are not JUST as skimpy as all the other bands out there?

Anonymous said...

Yeaaahhh our late night speculation was on target for the most part about them section names!! :-D I find them costumes smoking hott!! Love it! Way to go IP!

Anonymous said...

The Bear costumes are oooooogly. No one else has said it, but I'm really liking Portuguese Man O War - the colors are beautiful (similar to TRIBE's Water Nymph)... a few others are okay, like Black Widow and Silver Fox... but the others are just too different for me to comment right now - must do some more analyzing.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pictures sauce, excellent as always.

I have... I dunno, THE COSTUMES ARE WONDERFUL, they are ingenune and they have gone beyond wanting to interpret themes into costumes for mas, and I love that. -that- is mas making.

But, when I see those backline costumes, who really want to play backline when I just staggering over the beauty of those front lines. I mean crap, they are WONDERFUL. The male costumes though are equally great.

Lovely Lovely!
Saucy, when you going to take a nap now girl?

Anonymous said...

Where is the colour? The only male costume I feeling is Lion and Dragon Lizard.

Hottie Hottie said...

My two cents.

Black Widow ON. Kudoes to Sonia - boss costume. Right. But what de hell is with the Box in the Road costumes?! I eh no prude, but what the hell ever happened to that invisible line we know we're not supposed to cross dread?! Uh uh, come again. I have real work to do so I will comment more a lil later. But I think Tribe has it this year for me.

Anonymous said...

IP's costumes are alright this year. I actually like crocodile, portugese man o war, and zebra. That red tiger costume is showing a bit too much for me. Let's leave something to the imagination people!!! I personally think that the 2 polar bear sections look like crap. That cheetah costume looks similar to the one that I bought at Stag Shop for halloween this year. It only cost me $60.00 CDN. Maybe I should wear it and try to blend in with the rest of the cheetah's. You think they would notice?

afro chic said...

The sections that had my jaw drop last night were: Zebra, Dragon Lizard and Black Widow Spider. Both the men and women. As well as Portugese Man O war for the females.

The male costumes are above average than regular male costumes though.

I found that some of the female costumes, esp the backlnes were lacking. No setta detail and it looked like little and or no effort went into them. Egret backline comes to mind, as well as the bear sections.

I was also watching those bra tops. Plenty tie up and string thing, I hope they have a proper bra option as well for those who are more endowed in that area.

For me, IP had a better offereing last year. And like someone said what about colour?

Anonymous said...

Only one I see that I like are Dragon Lizzard.. That's it. Sorry IP come again..

Socaholic said...

I'm not feeling the backlines of these costumes. Most of the frontlines are pretty hot though.

Seems most of the focus went into the frontline costumes and the backlines were an after thought.

However, I'm feeling Dragon Lizard and Black Widow Spider - Sonia Mack did an amazing job.

I'm curious to see what the prices are for those barely there costumes.

Anonymous said...

I'm LOVING all of the black widow spiders - Sonia did an amazing job with those. I like the frontline zebra, frontline lioness, frontline kingfisher bird & that's it. The backlines are not impressive & some are downright crap. The male costumes are much better.

Anonymous said...

they should not have hyped it up beforehand, I am completely underwhelmed. Dragon Lizard is hot, and same with one of the silver foxes. The frontlines/individuals are look great, especially black widow!!

That being said, I ent too much into "scary mas" for the road, lol. where's the color??? I thought Tribe didn't have enough color, but in comparison, IP is worse. and as for that red costume - how is that supposed to cover up a va-jay-jay? huh? And Zebra head to toe looks kinda "blah":-/ I thought the headpieces were supposed to rival Goddess of the Chase from Tribe, but I still prefer goddess.

not impressed!

Anonymous said...

They seemed to spend alot of time on the frontlines, cause the backlines are very disappointing.

The majority of the band it black, white or brown. Where's the colour?

Silver Fox is hot! King fisher frontline is really beautiful but agian the backline disappoints.

I'm waiting to see the prices.

I was so hyped for IP, now I feel lost, especially since there were so many question marks coming out of last year.

IslandGirl said...

Yeah I did notice a significant lack of colour in the final line-up. I thought that there was waaaay too muck black, but I guess that is how the envelope gets pushed. I mean Tribe now has a black section after IP did it last year... u cannot deny the visual impact. BUT carnival is colour so maybe with some more practice they will find a balance. Some of the costumes are hot though eh... and the black ones even up close are pretty hot! Maybe because the black is exotic. Hmm.
One thing though? Why so stingy with the feathers. What does a girl-on-a-budget have to do to get some damn feathers!!?

afro chic said...

A flamingo section with LOTS and LOTS of feathers would have looked tres FAB!! And it would have added some much needed colour.

Anonymous said...

Well i pity those who were actually waiting for IP to launch to decide. I hope your costume of choice is still available at TRIBE LMAO.

Anonymous said...

I like all of Black Widow, Zebra and Lion. I also agree the backlines seem like an after thought. People are asking where's the color, well it fits in with the theme. I guess the animals IP want to portray are those that represent that primal, primitive feel. hmmm, the bears are crappy to me but I can't see another way to present them in a mas costume. I hate the cheetah backline it reminds of Josie and the Pussycats and the Red Tiger is just too raunchy for me.

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Powered By Blogger