CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Still asking that question????

sat·ire Pronunciation[sat-ahyuhr]–noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.
For the record, I did NOT at any time camp out at Cascadia or take time off from my job to do so please, please do not email me or message me on facebook asking that question again!

I mean really, the satire was lost on SO many people even I was left incredulous at the gullibility of logical thinking people ! The whole thing started as a joke when people kept asking me what time to get to Cascadia for TRIBE's registration and I quipped that I was going to camp out to be first in line. The mania, insanity, fervor, anxiety and panic that the whole registration issue is/was causing was even driving me insane as I was faced with one question after the other as soon as I logged on to any medium of instant messaging not to mention the emails asking the same thing over and over; like I have said many times before it was the newbies perpetuating the hysteria.

My satirical response was the "Coming to you live from Cascadia *cough*" posting complete with staged photographs; did anyone believe Winnie the Pooh was actually in line for a costume as well? LOL. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that anyone would think that was true! All I was hoping for was people to laugh at the whole situation and lighten up, thinking TRIBE is not worth that much stress, there are other bands to consider especially if you have never even played with TRIBE.

For the record I am not some crazed, foaming at the mouth TRIBE psycho who would stand in line 3 days for a costume, nor do I endorse that anyone should go to those lengths either.Truth be told I won't even be going to Cascadia on Wednesday!!

Good luck to all who will be registering then!!



15 comments:

empressnatts said...

Some people like to take de fun out of everything...

Kevianne said...

no more annual bloggers lime this year again i guess i.e up at cascadia.

Kevianne said...

saucy u have to remember that people are panickin, a joke like that may make some people wonder if they should try the same thing..deperate situation=desperate mesaures..that is why people were taking you seriously.

boobs said...

lord! I was enjoying the skit stuueeppss! some people just dont get it, this reminds me of my boss, everytime we are in a meeting he keeps repeating the same thing over and over so i ask him why are you doing that we heard you the first time! he said you did but not everybody gets it the first time so he have to repeat it! so to people who thought the person laying on the ground sleeping and the people in line was true well boy I dunno lol, so saucy please don't stop it's fun and it does lighten up the situation.

Mas-ah said...

at some point saucy, you will have to draw the line. yuo can only seek to educate and entertain those that get your humour and understand at least the most basics of 'tongue in cheek'.

you are not a primary school teacher.

(all that talk but to be honest, i in shock that it have such denseness around)

quiksilver said...

she not going cascadia on wednesday???

allyuh heard bit here first.

the reason she not going cascadia is because she not even playing in TRIBE. saucy's secret section is mirage front-line in elements!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mas-ah said...

quiksilver i feel you seeing a mirage yes, lie flat and try not to get excited, it will all pass.

FAB said...

Oh Saucy that was so mean - Mean Girl--

But it was done in good fun...just so many took it serious...me 1

So would i be starting a fire if I say *hint-hint* you pre-regs or worst yet Tribe lost their number 1supporter and you have migrated to the one of the new up and coming bands *laugh* Say it aint so Saucy, Say it aint so....

Everybody now dont worry, be happy...sing along the song now...dont worry be happy...

Girl this is one for the books...but keep up the good work

Trinibears said...

Wow Yuh Serious Peopel Didnt Get it..??
Sheesh...Talk about BLONDE!

Saucy aka "The Sauce" said...

Kevianne can you imagine Cascadia after work on Wednesday?? Madness!! I still have nightmares from August 2005, not looking to repeat that this rounds!

Tr|n|gYa| said...

I really don't want to believe that people REALLY thought you were camping out at Cascadia...so much for making light of a situation! steups

Carnival Jumbie said...

Saucy..Ditto with that yes. Mt friend was reminding me how i had my laptop with wireless outside on the pavement trying to help out some ppl i knew. This is after passing my money over the wall with plenty cut eye being directed at me. They announced angel fish and nylon pool sold out before my friend gave me the thumbs up and i almost fainted. I still get anxiety just thinking about it

shells said...

People actually believed that you camped out @ Cascadia?! With the post title, AND the pics with Winnie and Tigger?!
Noooo, say it ain't so!!! Can't believe people didn't catch the tone of that post, geez.

Good Luck with registration this week people!

Trini-in-Toronto said...

But I brought coffee..... no wonder I couldn't find you.

masvirgin said...

LOL!

Saucy, no one believes that you were really camped out. They are just pulling your leg, girl.

(hopefully)

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com