CONTACT US: trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com
Switch to mobile site HERE

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Island People 2010 Review (2)

Costume
I played in Taal Frontline with a backpack.. My costume was gorgeous it was well worked up including my bra which was “the own bra option.” I must thank Tisha Neilson who offered to cover my black bra because I was not finding the right shade of purple. The backpack was not exactly what I expected (somehow I thought it would have had wires lol lol lol) but it was gorgeous. The brighter royal purple and the fuchsia pink look fabulous in the sun and I would admit I love

Collection
I collected my costume in less than 5 minutes on the first day of collection and there was just a trickle of people. The goody bag was enough nothing too elaborate

What annoyed me was the wrong spelling in the booklet…..”incourage” “ad here”…IP spell check was tooooo much
What was funny in the booklet…….they suggested you get a “me 2, bmobile off course”……IP big plug for the sponsors

Carnival Monday

The Good
The vibes was nice nice nice, plenty jamishness, the dj was on point and the performances on the road was mad.swappi, shurwayne Winchester , Zuki and Tim Tim (Zuki nearly fall off the truck lol lol lol lmao). The pholurie and chutney sauce was a hit and a big hit too

The Bad
The cloth was not a good idea in my humble opinion, I didn’t know what to do with it but I must admit that there were some very creative people in IP. The 5 o’clock lunch was TERRIBLE

The Ugly
Why the hell ¾ of the band needed to be by DJ Trevlyn truck…..ok I know that that was the truck with all the performances but gosh whole day alyuh screaming for Trevlyn sooooo. Then there was Busy Signal, beginning was on point but the dancehall vibes in meh soca is ah big no no no no no. Ok then the band run out of water……I had to ask if WASA was limiting the water supplied to the band


Carnival Tuesday

The Good
Ah the big day had arrive, jamishness palance palance gosh it had serious vibes, costumes were beautiful, taal was hotttttttt, mudra was also adorable, japuir, the yellow, white and the black also looked stunning, morgandi although very simple was “dressed up” by several masqueraders, bindi was nice too, the other costumes was kinda blank but chutney baav was my least favourite. Frontliners came out deck down with boots and makeup.

I loved the security details at the savannah where they allowed frontline with backpack to cross then other frontliners and the backliners but as usual there are some people that don’t care about these logistics hmmm.

The Bad
Salty Peleau and once again they run outa water oh gosh I really had to ask if WASA give alyuh ah limit.
Young ladies Trevlyn truck was not the only truck gosh


The Ugly
Why did IP run down the avenue early in the morning so hmmmmm I had to wonder if that was to get in front of Tribe to cross the stage

The tooooo wild
Ok Island people have some ridiculous women that turned the snack truck into the slack truck…..a strong handsome man winning on the truck and some women wine on the man till they pulll of the dhoti hmmmmm pure slackness lol lol lol and what was worst the group of men standing nearly that was laughing get pants too lmao but they fell real bad and the women involved was vicious with it.


My summary of it all

All in all with all the ups and downs of the two day I felt like my costume, what I ate and drank and the palance that I palance was well worth $4600.00

Now I’m like a roast chicken recovering

5 comments:

fanaht said...

Lovely, if I play mas it will be with IP next year. Nice to know there is an alternative to sh***y Tribe. A friend of mine swears by IP and she didn't play this year, but I loved the creativity. Still bikini mas, but different!
I would have loved to do something with that piece of cloth. Guess if you collected earlier would've been possible. Don't sweat it-you guys looked great with it on Monday! :)

trinicandy said...

island people getting a b+ from me

Leslee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslee said...

I also played IP TAAL with backpack and you basically summed up my experience....right down to the roast chicken covering lol!!

Carnivalcocoa said...

Taal FL was hawtt for days allyuh.
Island People in the air!!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright Notice:
All photos and original articles by the author of this site are copyright of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com therefore all rights are reserved. Original content found within this Web site are protected by international copyright laws. No content of any type from this site may be sold, republished, modified, uploaded, reformatted or copied without the express consent of www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com Should you require to use any of the material originally published on www. trinidadcarnivaldiary.com for personal or public use please e-mail trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com

Disclaimer

It is important to impress that the views reflected by this blog are mine alone and not necessarily views held by Triniscene. You cannot contact Triniscene and ask for their assistance in swaying or monitoring anything that is written on this blog.

All Content is for informational purposes only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. We make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Also, I DO NOT endorse or encourage any products, costumes or services advertised on the conversation box (e.g. cbox). Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts or other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.

As a result, I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR LEGALITY OF THE ITEMS ADVERTISED, THE TRUTH OR ACCURACY OF THE LISTINGS, THE ABILITY OF SELLERS TO SELL ITEMS OR THE ABILITY OF BUYERS TO BUY ITEMS. I cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. You should look to the seller for any refunds, credits or adjustments to a transaction. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND OFFER NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, REGARDING YOUR TRANSACTION WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL SELLER(S) OR ANY PARTS YOU PURCHASE FROM A SELLER, OR ANY INFORMATION, INCLUDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, YOU GIVE TO A SELLER.

Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com, such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of Trinidadcarnivaldiary.com .If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact trinidadcarnivaldiary@gmail.com